From the CMOS Congress website:
The focus of the Congress is Climate Change: Risk, Resilience, Response. The Congress will bring together a wide range of scientists and other professionals with a focus on topics in climate, atmospheric, ocean and earth sciences.
The Congress will feature:
- Plenary presentations by leading researchers
- Science sessions that highlight top Canadian and international research contributions in meteorology, oceanography, climate science, hydrology, the cryosphere, and biogeosciences, as well as the policy implications of research in these fields
- An on-line lecture of interest to the general public
- A high level of interaction of presenters with those attending the presentations for both oral and poster papers, as formal questions and answers, more general discussions and opportunities for one-on-one and small group discussions
- Networking among participants, the CMOS Awards ceremony and other activities to be announced
- Planning is underway for a symposium sponsored by the Meteorological Service of Canada in recognition of 150 years of providing weather forecasts to Canadians
Learn more from the event organizer.