Designed for offshore and marine applications, the 05106 is a lightweight, robust instrument that measures wind speed and direction. Manufactured by R. M. Young, this wind monitor is cabled for use with Campbell Scientific dataloggers.
The "-L" on a product model indicates that the cable length is specified at the time of order.
Benefits and Features
- Waterproof bearing lubricant and a sealed, heavy-duty
cable pigtail instead of the standard junction box make it more durable at marine and off-shore locations
- Compatible with most Campbell Scientific dataloggers
- Rugged enough for harsh environments
- Constructed with thermoplastic material that resists corrosion from sea-air environments and atmospheric pollutants
- Compatible with the LLAC4 4-channel Low Level AC Conversion Module, which increases the number of anemometers one datalogger can measure
- Uses stainless-steel, precision-grade ball bearings for the propeller shaft and vertical shaft bearings
- Compatible with the CWS900-series interfaces, allowing it to be used in a wireless sensor network
- The R. M. Young wind monitor family:
- 05103, standard version
- 05103-45, rugged, alpine version
- 05305, more responsive but less rugged version
- 05106, marine-grade version