From the American Association of State Climatologists Website:
The AASC is committed to advancing the development and delivery of science-based climate services on a local and state level. The AASC envisions a society in which decisions regarding matters of climate, from local to national scales, are guided by science-based information concerning historical and current observed climate and scenarios of future climate.The goals of the AASC are the following:
- Support efforts at the state level to build and sustain effective state climate offices.
- Facilitate interaction and collaboration among providers of climate services at the state, regional, and national levels.
- Champion in-situ climate monitoring networks to collect high-quality data that are representative of local and regional variations in climate.
- Promote research and development of climate products and services in cooperation with stakeholders.
- Encourage timely and effective communication of climate information at state and local levels.
- Promote education outreach that increases climate literacy amongst stakeholder communities and the general public.
Campbell Scientific will be in attendance at this meeting.
Learn more from the event organizer.